Website Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch (CMHA) is an independent non-profit charitable organization dedicated to promoting good mental health and improving the quality of life for individuals experiencing serious mental illness. The Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch aspires to provide client-directed services and programs with and for people with mental health problems and to enhance, promote and maintain the mental health of individuals and communities through education and awareness.
CMHA is currently accepting applications for the following position:
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
Type of Position: Permanent Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Pay Rate: TBD
Essential Minimum Qualifications:
Education: A Master’s degree in a field related to Human Resources (industrial relations, human resources, labor/HR law, management) is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a field as noted above. Successful, advanced academic and professional training is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of seven to ten years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience, ideally in a not-for-profit, unionized environment. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position. CHRP, CHRL or CHRE certification is considered an asset. Certified coach accreditation is also an asset. Experience in a unionized work environment is essential. Experience with organizational change, systems development and best practice services is ideal.
Language: Bilingual essential (French/English).
Vehicle: A Valid Class G Driver’s License and Means of Transportation are required for this position.
• Pragmatism, approachability, and good judgment.
• Strong relationship building abilities and influencing skills in conjunction with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to approach employee relationships in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and confidential manner.
• Self-motivated and self-directed, with a high level of autonomy.
• Technically savvy and pursues opportunities to expand technical capabilities.
• Ability to exercise leadership, teambuilding, and manage growth with a diversified professional team.
• Skilled in working collaboratively with managers, Unions, fostering engagement and motivation, and problem-solving.
• Experience in the development of strategic directions.
• Skilled at the interpretation of government directives, legislation and legislative changes relating to Human Resources and the ability to ensure compliance with same.
• Experience with labour relations.
Please submit a resumé to Lisa McCullough at email@example.com.
The Canadian Mental Health Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted about this job posting, please advise us if you require any accommodations regarding the interview process.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must produce a Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check, proof of academic achievement and meet all legal requirements for driving.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org